It’s hard to beat the class and elegance of vintage glassware. Midcentury pieces, in particular, are highly sought-after for their timeless appeal.
Unlike the ornate and intricate glassware of earlier eras, midcentury pieces tend to be sleek and minimalist but with their own character. So they are perfect for modern spaces, where a touch of class and polish is desired.
If you’re on the hunt for some gorgeous midcentury glasses to add to your collection, check out some of our favorite picks from Etsy for midcentury drinking glasses. If you prefer a more budget-friendly option, we also share some midcentury-inspired sets you can buy on Amazon. And if you enjoy a good scavenger hunt for vintage items, we’ve included a list of pieces to look for online or at local antique and thrift stores.
8 Vintage Midcentury Glasses on Etsy
**NOTE: The items were in stock at the time of publishing this article. Etsy is a popular marketplace, so items can sell quickly.**
1. Etched Leaves and Flowers Martini Glasses
Our first pick is perfect for martini-sippers to enjoy their drinks in style. This lovely set features an etched design and a beautiful shape that will surely wow.
The curved stem adds a nice vintage touch, and the ringed bottom finishes the look. These glasses are in excellent preowned condition and would make a great addition to any bar.
2. Flower Etched Retro Drink Glasses
With the etched floral design and golden rims, these vintage glasses from the ’60s exemplify elegance and sophistication. The small rounded stem gives these glasses a graceful look, while the etched design makes each glass unique.
The seller offers gift wrapping, so you can easily give these beauties as a gift. There are only a few left in stock, and they are sure to go fast, so don’t miss your chance.
3. Midcentury Atomic Glasses
A special pick for the minimalist in you, these midcentury glasses feature a simple black and gold atomic pattern.
Made by Anchor Hocking in the 1960s, these shot glasses have the right amount of kitsch and class.
They would make a great addition to any bar cart or collection and can be used for both everyday and special occasions. There was only one set in stock at the time of writing.
4. Arabic Decanter and Glasses Set
Did you say decanters are a thing of the past? Think again. This striking set is sure to turn heads. The decanter with stopper is a great gift by itself, but it just screams vintage luxury when teamed up with the six glasses.
The Arabic-inspired design is adorned with colorful accents, further sweetened with hand-painting on each piece, making it one of a kind set. So you’ll be the only one to have such a timeless set in your bar.
5. Aqua Blue and Gold Glass Tumblers
These funky tumblers are perfect for adding fun and color to your barware collection. The aqua blue splatter is playful and chic, while the gold detailing provides the much-needed midcentury glam.
Plus, the barrel shape suitably fits in your hand, making them ideal for serving all kinds of drinks — from water to cocktails. If you’re looking for something unique, then these glasses are perfect for you.
Note: this shop is on a short break, but the item was still in stock at the time of writing, so bookmark this link!
6. Green Stemmed Cocktail Glasses
Boasting midcentury glamour, these dual shade glasses scream for attention. Plus, the France-Luminarc stamp at the bottom only adds to the allure of these glasses.
These glasses have a big chalice to hold a good amount of your favorite drink. And there is a set of two so that you can share the experience with a friend.
7. Floral Pattern Libbey Tumblers
Libbey has produced some of the most iconic midcentury glassware, and these tumblers are no exception.
Each piece has intricate, classic Libbey floral and leaf patterns in vivid colors, so these glasses are sure to be a hit with your guests. It’s like having a little piece of art in your hand.
This one is also a rare find, so don’t pass it up.
8. Mint Green Blendo Tall Glasses
Another super chic find, these MCM glasses have all the right details. Mint green glass blends into a transparent glass with gold rims at the top; you’ll want every drink served in one of these.
They’re also pretty slim, so they’re perfect for any type of drink—from water to iced tea.
4 Midcentury Inspired Drinking Glass Sets on Amazon
The list above comprises just a few of our favorite midcentury drinking glasses, but the options are endless.
But we also want to give you a few more options for vintage-inspired glasses without breaking the bank.
So here are four picks from Amazon that will get you the same midcentury style for less cost.
1. Bekith Textured Drinking Glasses
- Set of 6 drinking glasses, measures 3-1/8″Dia x 4″H, 9.5 oz capacity; beautifully showcases beverages and adds a touch of glamour to any gathering.
- Romantic water glasses are perfect for all types of drinks, safely enjoy your favorite cocktails, beer, soda, sweet iced-tea and various refreshments.
- A textured glassware setting that adds a retro feel to any modern home; our drinking glasses pair well with ceramic or glass dishware.
With a retro look right from the ’60s, this 6-piece set can make any moment feel more special.
The textured design is bold and fun, while the glasses are made of heavy-duty lead-free glass. They’re also great for handing out at parties or for enjoying a romantic evening.
2. Flower Power Cooler Glasses
Midcentury style is incomplete without a pop of color, and these glasses have it in spades. The vintage floral design is fresh and pretty, while the multicolor scheme is perfect for a summer day.
These tall and slim tumblers are perfect for enjoying cold tea with friends or lemonade on the porch. Plus, they’re dishwasher-safe for easy cleanup.
3. Napoleon Clear Glass Tumbler
- YOUR CLASSIC DRINKWARE SET: 6(10 oz) clear tumblers that show the Embossed Napoleon l’Abeille, the French bee. These traditional French water glasses compliment any table. These glass tumblers will add class to any everyday or special occasion beverage.
- SPECIAL DRINKING GLASSES: This signature La Rochère glass collection sets a joyful table. The lovely bees and modern silhouette make this glass ware set perfect for entertaining or every day. French glasses with the iconic Napoleon Bee. 4″ H – 3.25″ W
- YOU DESERVE A FRENCH GLASSWARE SET: French made, every day special drink glasses, easy to hold with a solid base. Fired at high temperature, exceptional quality glass, is crystal clear, durable, and free of lead and cadmium. Dishwasher and microwave safe.
Here’s a classic midcentury design with a twist. These Napoleon tumblers feature the iconic Napoleon Bee embossed on the sides, which was part of Napoleon’s coat of arms.
These are amazing crystal clear glasses with a classy design, so you can drink in style. Plus, they’re made in France, so you know they’re high quality.
4. Libbey Lava Rocks Glasses
- Organic lava design creates a mesmerizing reflection when light shines through the rocks glass
- Molten-shaped grooves create comfortable gripping points for picking up and holding the glass; all-purpose glass for water, cocktails and more
- Includes eight, 12.5-ounce rocks glasses (3.0-inch diameter x 3.9-inch height)
- Durable and dishwasher safe; to help preserve your products, please refer to the Libbey website for care and handling instructions
As another classic design from Libbey, these Lava Rocks glasses are just stunning. The molten-shaped design is both unique and stylish, while the grooves on the sides make them comfortable to grip. And the reflection is just beautiful, catching the light in a special way.
They are available in 12-ounce and 16-ounce sizes, so you can choose the perfect size for your needs.
Ideas for Glassware Sets You Could Search For
If you’re ready to go on a vintage-glassware scavenger hunt, check out these items!
1. Amethyst Libbey Highball Glasses
The pretty color, twisting design, and smooth round top are all classic midcentury features that make these glasses so special. The squared base is a nice change for those who want something a little different.
But what really sets these glasses apart is the amethyst plum shade, which is simply gorgeous. Once you have these glasses, you’ll be looking for excuses to entertain.
2. Southern Collins Tall Glasses
These Southern Collins glasses are the epitome of midcentury glamour. The regal turquoise and gold pattern is fit for a king or queen, while the 24K gold rim adds to the luxury.
Plus, the tall and slender shape is perfect for iced drinks and cocktails. So if you want to channel your inner Don Draper, these glasses are a must-have for your bar.
3. Light Blue Vintage Hobnail Glasses
The pattern alone is enough to make you fall in love with these glasses. But the light blue shade put these glasses over the top.
For boho-chic lovers, these glasses can’t be beaten. The hobnail design is unique and chic, while the aqua blue keeps things fun and light.
4. Handblown Amber Glass Coupes
Any barware collection is incomplete without a handblown glass piece, and these amber cups are a work of art. The color is unique, and the swirly glass is beautiful, while there are small bubbles in the glass which only add to the texture and charm.
And the vintage-inspired design means they’ll never go out of style for enjoying your favorite drinks.
5. Mid Century Aqua and Gold Splatter Glasses
With a bright splash of aqua blue, gold, and black, these glasses are certainly show-stoppers.
The gleaming gold rims add to the luxurious feel, while the aqua blue is perfect for a summertime soiree. The overall look is vintage-yet-modern, so they aren’t going out of style anytime soon.
6. Vintage Smoked Glass Shot Glasses
As rare as they come, these vintage pieces feature double-shaded smoked glass in deep green hues. The shape is just exquisite, perfect for those who appreciate artistry in everything.
The Kaunas glass factory in Lithuania made the glasses, and you can see some of the manufacturing imperfections that only add to the character of these pieces.
If you’re looking for something to spice up your collection, these glasses are perfect for you.
7. Silver Leaf Frosted Glasses
Frosted glass was all the rage in midcentury barware; these tall glasses are a perfect example. Plus, the silver-leaf design is right on trend and adds much-needed retro glamour.
These beautiful glasses are perfect for serving your favorite cocktails and chilled drinks in summer gatherings.
These glasses are stamped with the Libbey mark from 1970, which guarantees their high quality.